My Daily Inspiration

































































































Your Own Inner Light to Guide You


There comes a time when you must stand alone.You must feel confident enough within yourself to follow your own drAllow eams.You must be willing to make sacrifices.You must be capable of changing and rearranging your priorities so that your final goal can be achieved.Sometimes, familiarity and comfort need to be challenged.There are times when you must take a few extra chances and create your own realities.Be strong enough to at least try to make your life better.Be confident enough that you won't settle for a compromise just to get by.Appreciate yourself by allowing yourself the opportunities to grow, develop, and find your true sense of purpose in this life.Don't stand in someone else's shadow when it's your sunlight that should lead the way.

















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Famous Quotes

A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway. -- Fr. Jerome Cummings

Remember, the greatest gift is not found in a store nor under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends. -- Cindy Lew

Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure. -- Jewish Saying

"Your friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you." -- Elbert Hubbard

"Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure." -- Jewish saying

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. -- Aristotle

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus

"The only way to have a friend is to be one." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.-- Abraham Lincoln

Hold a true friend with both your hands. -- Nigerian Proverb

"A faithful friend is the medicine of life." -- Apocrypha

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Alyssa Mason and Jocie

Alyssa Mason and Jocie

9/21/08

My 30th Birthday



Most normal people like birthdays. They like having everyone gather sing to them and give them gifts. I must be really weird! Even as a little kid I always shied away from the attention a birthday brings. So on Sept 1 st I turned thirty. I was very insistent that no one give me anything or bring recognition to this dreadfull day. I think I kind of took turning 30 hard. One neighbor told me she thought it was great because now I would be at an age that people would take me seriously in life. Well if that's the case, fine by me. So I thought this was cute so I will share it with you... My kids decided that while I was at the bank really quick they were going to make me a party. I was going to have one. They scrambled for gifts in the 10 minutes I was gone and made me the cutest stuff. Jocie whipped up a batch of about 100 pancakes, using an entire bag of pancake mix, while Mason got the gifts together. They also made a banner and a sign for the back of "mom's birthday chair". So earlier that day I was upset ( not abnormal for me. I am working on that OK) I threw my cutting board and it broke. Well Mason knows how we are not aloud to cut on the counters, and how important cutting boards are. So he, in his scavenge to make me a gift, took the broken cutting board and wrapped it up. He wrote on it and made it my present. So I came into the kitchen and sat at "mom's birthday chair". I was presented with 100 delicious pancakes and my cutting board gift. We had a dinner tonight at my parents for those of us born in September. It was really nice. My sister who loves any reason to have a party, made us a cake and a delicious dinner. We sat around and told funny stories about our childhood and visited for hours. It was really nice, thank you!

7 comments:

Sherian said...

Happy 30 lady! I'm holding out until next summer, but I feel the same way about it. Maybe if we just pretend it's not our birthday's we'll never get older? I would feel more sorry for you if you weren't so beautiful, and eternally looking 21!
Thanks for your comments, it's so great to be back in touch.

Bryn said...

Happy birthday! My next one will be the big 3.0. as well, I was having a meltdown about it the other night and it hasn't even happened yet. You and I are the same when it comes to birthdays, I hate the attention of it as well, but I'll take the presents. That was so cute of your family to make you a pancake party!

the keele's said...

haha your kids are cute. mason should make up a birthday rap for you. hahaha

Alyssa said...

Yah Mason should make me a birthday rap. He is our Utah gangster after all. Ha Ha!

Ginger said...

Happy Birthday! You have great kids. To be so thoughtful at a very young age is really BIG! Hang on to the memories my dear!
Love ya

Oh yeah-tell Dottie I'm looking for coconut cake mix! I want to make her cake recipe

stormi said...

Thanks for reminding me that I am a crappy friend and didn't get you anything. What do you want?

Jessi said...

That's the best pancake birthday party ever! I hope my kids do stuff like that for me when they're a little older. HOW CUTE!!

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map