My Daily Inspiration

































































































Your Own Inner Light to Guide You


There comes a time when you must stand alone.You must feel confident enough within yourself to follow your own drAllow eams.You must be willing to make sacrifices.You must be capable of changing and rearranging your priorities so that your final goal can be achieved.Sometimes, familiarity and comfort need to be challenged.There are times when you must take a few extra chances and create your own realities.Be strong enough to at least try to make your life better.Be confident enough that you won't settle for a compromise just to get by.Appreciate yourself by allowing yourself the opportunities to grow, develop, and find your true sense of purpose in this life.Don't stand in someone else's shadow when it's your sunlight that should lead the way.

















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Famous Quotes

A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway. -- Fr. Jerome Cummings

Remember, the greatest gift is not found in a store nor under a tree, but in the hearts of true friends. -- Cindy Lew

Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure. -- Jewish Saying

"Your friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you." -- Elbert Hubbard

"Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure." -- Jewish saying

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. -- Aristotle

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus

"The only way to have a friend is to be one." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.-- Abraham Lincoln

Hold a true friend with both your hands. -- Nigerian Proverb

"A faithful friend is the medicine of life." -- Apocrypha

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Alyssa Mason and Jocie

Alyssa Mason and Jocie

8/4/09

Hard Adjustment

I am finding this move emotionally harder than I had thought that it would be. I miss my friends. I miss my kids friends. I miss all of the busy crazy activity that always buzzed around our home. I miss Mason, Tallon and Jordan playing games and running through the house. I miss Jocie, Mckennah, Taylor and Morgan making creations in the kitchen and doing their nails in the back yard. I miss Elizabeth randomly stopping by to see how I am and talking to me. I miss the treats from Angie and our fun talks. I miss the neighbor kids stopping by asking if they could have something to eat.

Our first week in our new ward was great, and really hard at the same time. It is so fun having my in-laws around the corner. They are in our ward. The door rang bright and early and it was Claudia with her sweet voice asking if the kids were ready. We sat with them. All three meeting I had to keep taking deep breath to keep from crying. I never realized how attached I was to the people in my old ward. All of the sounds, kids crying, the people you know are going to get up and walk out with their kids, ect. Sterling was right at home. After all he was raised in this ward. But I felt very odd. I always seem to feel odd where ever I go, so maybe that is something I will have to figure out.

So all in all.... I am happy we are in Orem. I do know that we should be here. It is a great situation. I just feel a little out of place and don't quite know where I fit in. It will take me a while.

Even though I am a fairly quiet reserved person, I still miss all of my outgoing friendly neighbors. All of the little things I was so used to everyday, I really do miss.

10 comments:

Rasmussens said...

You are very much missed here. I am excited for you and your new adventures. Come visit anytime!

Lisa said...

It does get easier. When we first moved here, we also had a hard time adjusting. By 9-12 months we finally loved it here. Hang in there! Cute blog.

Angie said...

We miss you too. Changes aren't always easy. We are still here for love and support.

natalie a said...

we miss you too! I'm so glad we bumped into you last night... I still would love to bring by a treat or too... you could see the chunky monkey baby of mine :)

Just Jana said...

I'm right there with you! I have to keep reminding myself we were in the old neighborhood seven years and that is why I knew everyone! It will take time!! But I do wonder if anyone will ever be able to fill the shoes of Elizabeth and many other amazing friends! Some days are better than others!

thehughesfamily said...

Alyssa...I had no idea you guys were even thinking about moving. I hope you will get settled and feel right at home. I am going to miss seeing your cute girl at school. Tell her Mrs. Hughes says hi. She was just a doll to have in class. I hope that you are doing well. I hope to see you and your cute girl soon.

Student said...

Where have I been? I have not been reading blogs lately. I missed this post until tonight. I just got home from saying good bye to the Rollins tonight. I sat down and told my husband that 3 of my very best friends just moved this summer! Isn't it funny how you take it all for granted until it changes? I know that none of you are truly leaving me but I miss the closeness of being next door, down the street and around the corner.I'm coming for a visit on Monday! (:

elizabeth scott said...

Where have I been? I have not been reading blogs lately. I missed this post until tonight. I just got home from saying good bye to the Rollins tonight. I sat down and told my husband that 3 of my very best friends just moved this summer! Isn't it funny how you take it all for granted until it changes? I know that none of you are truly leaving me but I miss the closeness of being next door, down the street and around the corner.I'm coming for a visit on Monday! (:

elizabeth scott said...

Some how I was Mr. Gull for a minute?????? I just added his blog today for Mckennah's homework updates and his dashboard became mine? Sorry

Kathy Thomas said...

Alyssa!!! I miss you! The day after you called my cell phone was stolen and it left me without a lot of my friend's cell numbers. It finally dawned on me that you'd put your Blog on my computer one day when we were comparing music, so here I am! You're not lost after all and I'm so glad. I miss seeing you, but life is an adventure. Who knows what lies in store for us around the next bend? Embrace it and know that you have many friends who love and support you!

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map